Passport Information & Applications

The Divide County Clerk of Court's office is an acceptance facility for passport applications. Applications are available in our office or at US Department of State Passport We will accept passport applications during the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Fees for passports:

  • Fee for a passport book is $110.00for adults and $80.00for children age 15 and under.
  • Fee for a passport card is $30.00for adults and $15.00for children age 15 and under.
  • Passport cards are only good for travel by land or sea to Canada and Mexico
  • There is also an execution fee of $35.00 for each application processed for books and cards payable to the Clerk of Court's office.

Each passport application must have a separate check (or money order)made out to the U.S. Dept. of State for the passport fee. No cash or credit cards are accepted for the passport fee. The execution fee is payable to the Clerk of Court's Office and must be paid separately from the passport fee. This fee can be paid by check, cash, or credit card (credit card user fee of $3.00 will apply). If there is more than one person in your party applying for a passport at the same time, this fee may be combined and paid with one check. In order for us to accept a passport application, you must:

  • *Fill out the application entirely in BLACK INK only.
  • *Include a certified copy of Birth Certificate
  • *Include passport photos
  • *Photos must meet guidelines that regulate the size and background color
  • *No eyeglasses, headgear, or shadows are permitted on passport photos
  • *Each applicant must be present at the time of application (including minors)
  • *Present identification with picture and date of birth (driver's license, military ID, previous passport, etc.)
  • *If the applicant is a minor (15 years of age or younger) both parents must be present to sign the application and present identification.*If one parent is unable to be present, they must submit a notarized "Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances" (Form DS-3053) along with a copy of the front and back of their driver's license or state-issued ID.*If the minor has previously had a passport, you must submit the expired passport along with the certified copy of the birth certificate.
  • *If the applicant is 16 or 17 years, they must have proof of parental consent or one parent must accompany them for application.

For additional information regarding passports, or if traveling within 14 days, contact the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or visit their website at

Divide County, ND | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.